Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Failure by Sistah Dee

In my failures I found hope, In my failures I found growth, In my failures I found purpose and destiny, In my failures I found courage to move to new levels and higher heights. In my failures I was broken, just as I needed to be so that he could fix me and put me back the way he wanted me. I walked around with a false sense of well-being, in my salvation, relationships, finances, etc...... But the Lord above had to show me that there was still a lot of work to be done, so that I could come to trust him more, pray more, have a true heart of worship, understand grace and respect his unmerited mercy. So as the Refiner, he places me in the fire so that those things that hinder me, pollute me, can be removed, sifted out, excavated. I've come to trust him while in the fire, ex..failures, disappointments, heartaches and pains.

As the word of God states in Isaiah 43:2, "When thou passest through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Although I may stumble and at times fall, I am redeemed and the process of purification continues. I"m continually  learning from my failures, moving forward. I know that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:1). Admit and accept your failures, dont carry around the guilt and shame. As we face failure in our human abilities,  understand it is a necessary means to achieve greater gain in Christ Jesus, we must decrease so that he can increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment