Monday, December 20, 2010

Now Faith................by Sistah Dee

Hebrew 11:1,
Now faith is the substance of things hope for the evidence of things not seen.
What are you trusting and believing God for today? Though you can't physically see it and when you think about it, it looks impossible, do you trust God to turn your situations around or to carry you through? This summer, I was given a cup to drink from that no amount of planning or prepping could have prepared me for, to care for a parent with dementia. What was once a vibrant, educated, well organized individual, now lives in a world of confusion and forgetfulness. Depression and denial are constant companions. But without hesitation I jumped right in and took responsibility and brought my parent home to live with me. Within weeks my life, my home, my world was completely turned upside down. We were dealing with wandering issues, everyday living skills issues and the daunting task of getting services needed to help accommodate the illness we were facing. It all began to take a toll on me and my household. As I would talk to the Lord I began to ask him to help me to understand. I couldn't make since of it all, how and when this illness began? It just seemed to appear suddenly. I sought the Lord, cried out to him in anguish, help me!! I began to find comfort and solace in my time with the Lord, being in his presence became an addiction because it help ease the pain. I soon began to understand when in I Peter 5:7 said to "cast all your cares upon him, for he cares for you". I came to also understand my weakness and that I was not in control. He had allowed this to happen for a purpose, but what was it?? It was to show me that in my weakness, His strength is made perfect. That I had to come to trust him, Now Faith......... I began to understand what faith was really all about.... trusting, waiting and believing without seeing, that God was gonna bring my family through this very painful and difficult time. As I began to confess my worries and repent, I could feel the weight began to lift. I told the Lord I would trust and depend on him completely and I have purposed in my heart and mind not to worry about anything because the Lord God of the entire world, universe got me! Listen, praise be to God the help I needed started coming through and other doors are starting to open up, as I declare it in Jesus name, believing God to do it, though I cant see it, and then patiently waiting. Things are not 100%, not even 70 but I know that God is working it out for my good and the good of my family (Rom. 8:28). I'm standing in faith and know that this season won't last always, trouble don't last always. Have Faith, Be Strong in the Lord.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment