Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Put On The Whole Armor by Sistah Dee

 Day to day life is a struggle and we are bombarded with so much these days that it oftentimes seems impossible to keep up with all the demands life throws our way. This is more than just mere everyday life struggles, this oftentimes a tactic used by the enemy to wear us down physically, mentally and spiritually. I am here to tell you to be encouraged, there is a solution. As the bible tells us, these attacks are inevitable, that the devil is as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour (1Pet. 5:8). In 1Pet. 4:12 we are told not to be shocked or overwhelmed when these attacks come, yet we have the promise of deliverance from affliction (Ps. 34:19), that when we are weak the Lords strength will be made perfect (2 Cor. 12:9,10). I struggled with issues that overwhelmed my mind and kept me distracted and discouraged. My prayer life struggled and I lost the desire to study the bible, a tactic to block the lifeline needed, therefore I began to be confused and worried. When I could manage to pray, I earnestly prayed for God to help me through this struggle and to give me clarity.  I began to plead the blood of Jesus over my thoughts and ask the Lord to help me to refocus on Him and not on my problems. I had to repent for my slothfulness and the wrong decisions I had made and sought God to rebuild me. As the Lord began to redirect me and get me back on the right path, he revealed to me Ephesians 6:10-18, which encourages us to be strong in the Lord and to put on the whole armor of God. See, the most frequently used weapons the enemy uses against us is distraction, discouragement and confusion of the mind. Brother Paul tells us that we truly don't fight against flesh or blood but spiritual wickedness, strategic, stealth and deadly. The "wiles" Paul speaks of are the deceptions that confuse and trick us, "fiery darts" are those flaming arrows (physical conflicts) he shoots at us to burn us out and destroy us physically and spiritually. But if we follow the instruction of brother Paul and put on the Whole Armor, most importantly the Helmet of Salvation, the Sword (Word of God), the Shield (Faith) and praying without ceasing, following these instructions will allow us to be victorious in the battles the enemy is sure to raise against us in the days and months to come. Stand strong child of God, the Lord is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment