Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Am the Woman At the Well by Sistah Dee

John 4:29,
"Come, see a man, which told me
all things that ever I did: is this
not the Christ?

Writing has become a means of therapy for me in dealing with my pain. It's as if I am talking to a dear old friend as I write words out on  pages. We all deal with pain at one point of time in our lives and many of us are still walking around in pain, with residue from 10, 15, 20 yrs ago. Often times we believe that we have gotten past it until a situation scratches the surface and it all comes flooding back to us. Broken relationships, betrayal, loss, sickness or whatever the source, it can leave deep wounds that never really fully heal. After a turbulent 12 yr relationship of mines ended, I thought that I was ready to get back out there and try it again, but when little familiar situations began to occur I felt all those old feelings of pain and insecurity began to rise again. I knew then that I still needed healing in certain areas of my life, and the thing about pain is that it can either bring clarity or you can become stuck in denial. Dissolutioned in a way that you look for answers in all the wrong places or your views become so jaded, you seem at a point of no return. But have hope my friend......I am reminded of two woman in the bible, who searched for years for the solution to what ailed them, one for her issue of blood, the other in finding true love. And it wasn't until they had an encounter with Christ, that they both were truly healed and made whole. Only Jesus can reach the source of our pain and heal us, anything else we try is only a temporary fix. The woman with the issue of blood suffered for 12 yrs and had exhausted all her financial and physical resources (Luke 8:43), the woman at the well had several husbands plus one that was not her own (John 4:17,18), all in an attempt to fix what ailed them. I used alcohol and sex to band-aid my pain. When it failed to heal me, I knew I needed an encounter with the man Jesus. I knew that if I could just touch the hem of his garment, that I could be made whole. Confessing my need for Him and repenting of my sins, I was able to began a new life in Him. I still encounter pain and disappointment at times, but now I know that I don't have to try and fix it myself (Matt 11:28,29).  Christ came so that we may have life and have it more abundantly and he understands first hand our suffering because he himself was touched with the feelings of our infirmities(Heb 4:15).

I challenge you today, to let go of the your pain, past or present. Give it over to Jesus, so that you can LIVE in true joy and peace. I challenge you to press, reach out and touch the hem of his garment.
~God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment